Views:6 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-06-22 Origin:Site
The globe valve is a linear motion valve used to stop, start, and regulate fluid flow.So when we are using in our industry, we are considering about why we choose it. This article is about this.
What is globe valve
The advantages and disadvantages of globe valve
The application of globe valve
The globe valve is a linear motion valve, mainly used to stop, start and adjust the flow. The flap of the globe valve can be completely removed from the flow channel, or it can be completely closed.Conventional globe valves can be used for isolation and throttling applications. Although these valves have a slightly higher pressure drop than straight-through valves (such as gate valves, plugs, ball valves, etc.), they can also be used where the pressure drop through the valve is not a controlling factor. The globe valve is used for throttle flow control. Closing is achieved by moving the flap in the direction of the fluid, rather than passing through the fluid like a gate valve. The flow pattern through the globe valve changes the flow direction, resulting in greater resistance to flow, which results in higher pressure drop. The globe valve is an excellent valve suitable for high-pressure steam operation. Our globe valves are factory-made and use high-quality materials for long-term use.
Globe valve refers to a valve whose valve plate moves along the center line of the valve seat. According to this form of valve movement, the change in valve seat opening is proportional to the valve stroke. Because the opening or closing stroke of the valve stem is relatively short, it has a very reliable cut-off function, which is very suitable for flow regulation. Globe valve can be divided into external thread type and internal thread type according to thread size. Globe valves can also be divided into linear and angular types according to the flow direction. The globe valve can also be divided into DC type and angle type according to the flow direction. Globe valve can be divided into packing seal type and bellows seal type according to its sealing form.
(1) Close function
(2) Moderate to good throttling ability
(3) Shorter stroke (compared to gate valve)
(4) Available in all modes, each providing unique capabilities
(5) Seats that are easily refurbished by machines or surfaces
(6) If the disc is not attached to the valve stem, the valve can be used as a check valve
(1) Higher pressure drop (compared to gate valve)
(2) Need more force or bigger actuator to install the valve (there is pressure under the valve seat)
(3) Throttling flow is below the valve seat, closing flow is above the valve seat.
(4) high head loss from two or more right angle turns of flowing fluid.
(5) Large-diameter valves require considerable power to operate and are particularly noisy in high-pressure applications
(6) The large opening required for the valve disc assembly, heavier weight than other valves with the same flow rate, and the overhanging valve disc is installed on the valve stem.
The following are some typical applications of globe valves:
Cooling water system requiring flow adjustment
Fuel system flow regulation and tightness are very important
When tightness and safety are the main considerations, high point vents and low point drainage
Water supply, chemical raw materials, condenser air extraction, and extraction drainage system
Boiler exhaust and drain, main steam exhaust and drain, heater exhaust
Turbine seal and drainage
Turbine lubricant system
That’s all about the advantages and disadvantages of globe valves, do you get it?